Friday, May 15, 2015

Buying a Computer- Project

Okay, so today I had to research computers and printers for my class project. I really don't know too much about all the technical talk, so this is what I found. If you are looking for a computer that is great for creating class projects, viewing videos, playing music, sending e-mails, accessing social media sites, and creating cool pictures/videos/media... then the HP Pavilion All-in-One desktop may be for you. 
Here are the specifications that I came across:

  • Brand- HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop
  • Model Number 23-p114
  • Price- $679.99
  • You can buy this at HP.com (http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/hp-pavilion-all-in-one---23-p114-(energy-star)?jumpid=ba_r329_hhocse&aoid=44661&003=6663635&010=J4V83AA%23ABA&ci_sku=J4V83AA%23ABA&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=)
  • CPU Brand and Model- AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics
  • CPU Speed- 2 GHz, 2 MB cache
  • RAM Capacity- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L (1 x 8 GB), upgradeable to 16 GB
  • Hard Drive Type- Serial ATA
  • Hard Drive Speed- 7200 RPM
  • Hard Drive Capacity- 1TB
  • Monitor Size-  3.23 x 22.05 x 15.91 inches
  • Mouse and Keyboard are both wireless
  • Operating System- Windows 8.1
  • MS Office 2010-2013- Not pre-installed
I also had to look up printers:

  • Brand- HP
  • Model- Officejet Pro 6000
  • Price- $79.99
  • Type- Laser
  • Prints in black and white and/or color
  • Duplex Capability
  • 17 ppm
  • You can also buy this at HP.com
  • http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/mlp/printers/officejet
  • Cost to Replace Ink: $27.99

I was given a scenario that defined the aspects and qualities of the computer/printer that I should get. This computer was in my price range ($700.00), however, I did go over my budget just a little since I also bought the printer. I chose this computer and printer honestly because they were the first ones I came across that met most of the requirements for the project. I had to look up some definitions to make sure I was looking at the right information. 

I did go over the budget of $700.00, but only by about $60.00. I figured that wasn't too bad for the quality of the printer. 
I would recommend this computer to friends/family only because it is one of three computers that I did research on, and it met more of the requirements/qualities than the other two did. 
I learned that there are multiple types of computers, amounts of memory, and a lot of other specifications that I did not know about or really consider when I bought my own computer. I will be more educated in the future when I have to buy a new one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment